Today we will be going over how to do a handstand. A handstand will give you a great basis for almost all future gymnastic moves.
• To start you will need to be in a lunge position (front leg bent back leg straight) and arms up
• Next you will do a t-lever
• As your arms go down your legs go up, continue to keep your body in a line
• Now using the t-lever motion, push off and kick your bottom leg up
• Push up to a handstand
• Go back down passing through t-lever
• End in beginning lunge
• Continue Practicing until perfected
You must always keep in mind safety, a tumble track such as an AirTrack mat is perfect for practicing and learning handstands. You should always start with a spot (someone who can ensure safety) and practice.